Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Quick Look Back


Today is one week away from Christmas Eve Eve, and it makes me feel that the year has gone by in the blink of an eye. My how time flies these days. Is this part of growing up, getting older, having more responsibilities? Or did time always go this fast?

In the past year, we've
  • wrapped production
  • digitized all the footage
  • transcribed all interviews
  • scanned / collected nearly 1,000 images
  • brought on about 5-8 new volunteers
  • started the process by which we digitize Super 8 film
  • started the editing that will lead to a director's cut
The editing has moved slower than I had hoped for so many reasons (my AC went out, then my heat went out, I got sick, Matt and I couldn't meet, the list goes on), but I am confident that pace will pick up again now with the addition of a few more volunteers. Matt has been working with me on the editing for quite some time, and I look forward to having his continued help editing the film. It's going to be a great final product!

This time of the year makes everyone look back for a quick thought about the past 12 months, how quickly they passed by, and what exciting things await in the next year. I know that 2010 will be, quite possibly, one of the best years of my life. We'll finish this film, share it with others, and make great things happen. I never cease to be amazed with the great things that happen when a incredible, passionate people come together.

No comments: