|Michael Moore via Skype at the |
2012 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
Today was a film-filled day, and I loved every minute of it. It's the week of the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, which is consistently fantastic. I sat in on a few of the Conversations with filmmakers, including one with Michael Moore via Skype.
The big take-aways of the day are:
- Make great films. Great films undoubtedly find an audience.
- Filmmaking is tough. Even the people that have made a bunch of them say it's still tough.
- Fear doesn't go away (no matter your age). It's kind of a good thing, a sign that you're on to something.
- You can be successful in filmmaking, no matter your background or financial situation.
- Film festivals are still a key vetting tool for distributors; submit!
- Niche audiences, crowd sourcing, and guerrilla marketing are hot topics.
Looking forward to returning to the festival tomorrow. I'll write more when I'm not quite so worn out!