Thursday, September 1, 2011

Farewell, August

Today's the first day of September. Time to bid August adieu.

August was a tough month for me and the film. Because of the double-screening weekend in July I was really burned out. August became a month of recuperation. There were also personal things keeping me busy: birthdays to celebrate, family to visit, and some natural disasters.

I'm hopeful think September will be better. The weather is getting cooler so I have started running again, which always makes me healthier and happier. We're finalizing music on the film this weekend, which means we can launch straight into the final stages of post-production. Marketing, communications, and branding efforts are shaping up well.

The collaborative efforts that will happen after I finish the video editing are really keeping me going right now. The following months will seem a lot less lonely, and I'm looking forward to that. Editing video in a room by yourself (with your dog at your feet) gets to be pretty lonesome--especially if you're a social being like I am.

I'm having lots of conversations with really talented people who believe in the project, and that breath of fresh air is very needed at this point. To express my gratitude to all the people who have offered a hand, word of encouragement, or hug would take entirely too long. I'm one lucky woman to be surrounded by such amazing people.

There's always more to share than what I post here. So I'll do my best to keep sharing as often as I can. Stay tuned, friends. Thanks, always, for the support and encouragement.

No comments: