Monday, October 18, 2010

Let the Coworking Begin!

I'm coworking from Designbox to finish Abandoned Allies.
Today is my first day of coworking from Designbox (@DBRaleigh), and I'm thrilled to be here thanks to shovemedia.  Everyone has been so welcoming!

It really is a thrill to escape my little home studio and set up shop in a space like this one.  Most folks think that you should be able to work anywhere--and you can, for the most part--but a space like this changes the game.

Don't think your desk is important?  Watch this short documentary, which my friend Matthew Hayhurst (@mwhayhurstpointed out recently.

A desk is a very important thing.  Working in an environment that encourages creativity makes a drastic difference in the work you produce, especially when you're surrounded by other creative people.

For the past few months, my home office has been less than inspiring.  This is for a number of reasons too boring to write about, but let's just say that the way I had it set up leaves one aching for escape.  It was messy, cluttered and smelled a lot like my dog.  I worked on making it better this weekend, but it still needs some help.

Who knew my physical space could be so stifling?  It's not a bad space to work in, but it definitely left me blocked.  I woke up this morning feeling like a kid on Christmas Day, and I couldn't wait to get to the gift waiting for me.  It is such a gift to be at Designbox today, knowing I can keep working here for the next 30 days to finish Abandoned Allies.

Buckle up, folks.  It's going to be a wild ride.  Let the coworking begin!

4 comments:

Anand Rathore said...

wow........ enjoy your work lady.... best of luck...

Camden Watts said...

Thanks, Anand!

Anand Rathore said...

CHK YOU GMAIL..here is limitation of words to send comment ..

Anand Rathore said...

its 3.22 here..just back home..very hectic day... missing your updates ...