Thursday, February 18, 2010

Triangle Film Society Launches March 4th

On Thursday, March 4th, 2010, the Triangle Film Society will officially launch at a party in Durham, N.C. At an event I organized earlier this year (#TriFilm) with help from several friends including @RobLaughter, Nene Kalu announced plans to form the Triangle Film Society. Nene Kalu and Kathy Justice previously worked together on FilmSPARK, which is part of SPARKcon (http://www.sparkcon.com/).

I was told that the society is a means to unite some of the existing film communities in the area. Over the past few months, my friends have graciously introduced me to some of those existing communities and I am delighted about them! It is so much fun to be in a room full of people passionate about filmmaking. The energy is tangible.

EDITED
Sorry for the confusion, folks. Nene and I had several conversations since my event in January, and she asked me to help promote the Triangle Film Society. Nene informed me that they have a limited amount of space at the venue for the launch party so it is, in fact, not open to the public. This is a great lesson in today's age of rapid communications, no?! I'm told that they will have an event later that is open to the public, although I don't have the details on that yet.

In the meantime, I am organizing another #TriFilm event by request of a few people. We will likely have the informal networking event some time mid-March. There's no fee to attend. Just a chance to meet others in the area and talk about one of our favorite subjects: making films.

No comments: