Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Ten for 2010

Tomorrow starts a new year and a whole new decade.

I remember when 1990 rolled around. It felt so odd to think of writing a year without an eight in there somewhere. Then Y2K came around with its threats of everything going haywire. (Ten years later, I still giggle about how my friend flickered the lights at midnight to scare us.) New Year's Eve celebrations have varied greatly for me over the years, from quiet evenings with close friends to huge parties with lots of strangers and noise. The common factor among all of them, though, are the people with whom I spend the evening celebrating. Good friends and family members make the night memborable and fun, and I have no doubts this evening will be the same.

As I follow conversations online about milestones in the lives of my friends during the past 10 years, I am reminded about how excited I am for the next 10 years. Right now I am a 28 year old girl with a lot of big dreams, on the path to making a lot of them come true. What a gift it is do be passionate about your life's work!

So, without further ado, here are the top ten things I'm looking forward to in 2010, as they relate to our film:

10
Working with our crew, and adding more members to our crew

9
Finishing a rough cut

8
Adding music, graphics, animations and archived footage to make a director's cut

7
Event planning, marketing, social media and web efforts

6
Screening the film with small, select groups

5
Screening the film with larger, select groups

4
Finishing the film! YAY!

3
Hosting film premieres that are open to the public

2
Fundraising activities for the film and the Montagnards

1
Starting the filmmaking process all over again!

No comments: