Monday, September 24, 2012

Recap: Screening at Saint Paul's Christian Church


Yesterday we screened Abandoned Allies at Saint Paul's Christian Church in Raleigh, N.C. It was a well attended event, with plenty of great conversations afterwards! Thank you all for coming, watching the film, and sticking around afterwards to ask questions.

I'd like to thank Diane Faires for organizing the screening. She did a fantastic job putting it together, and I'm so grateful for her efforts. Julie Mullin was kind enough to give me a tour of the gardens at Saint Paul's yesterday. She introduced me to plenty of the folks at the church, and even spoke during the Q&A session. So I'd like to thank her as well.

There are so many people helping with this film, and I feel incredibly lucky to know them. Events like yesterday's screening take a lot of planning and coordination, so I am incredibly grateful to the church and its congregation for hosting the event. They are doing some really cool things at the church, and I look forward to learning more about it.

Stay tuned, y'all. There's so much more to share!

Quite a full house during the screening at Saint Paul's
Christian Church in Raleigh, N.C., on September 23, 2012.
The church garden has things like Cambodian green beans, which
Julie Mullin showed me. We ate them straight off the stalk. Yum!

No comments: