Sunday, April 22, 2012

Branding Updates

I love branding. So when a friend developed the logo and graphics for the film, I was ecstatic! During the past few weeks, I've been reveling in making updates to our online presence, which correspond to the look of the graphics in the film developed by Patrick Jones.

Our Facebook and Twitter profiles have new avatars. Our Facebook page has a new header graphic, featuring George Shepard. Our Twitter page has a new textured background, which is also used in the film. I hope to add the logo to that background, but couldn't quite get it right.

Design of the DVD labels has been made, tweaked, and printed. It may go through some revisions, but that'll come later. One thing at a time, eh?

I have also started redoing the website, and made a bit of progress on that this week thanks to help from James Burns. I hope to find a web designer / programmer who can take the design I have in mind and run with it, but make sure the site's easy to update down the road. At the moment, I feel like WordPress might be the best way to go, so we have a placeholder on the site ... which is totally painful to me every single day that it doesn't get updated.

This weekend I've been working on the trailer for the film. New business cards are needed. And we will, hopefully, get some videos uploaded to YouTube some time soon.

Be sure to tell me what you think of the little things I've recently updated. If there are areas for improvement, please let me know. I love social media, design, and branding, but realize that I've been more focused on making this film so your feedback is welcomed.

The wheels are always turning, and there's a lot more to do! Stay tuned.

No comments: