Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Trailer

Recently I was lucky enough to have another new volunteer join our team. Dustin will be helping us by editing together trailers and teasers for the film, which we have desperately needed for quite some time. Welcome aboard, Dustin!

The Volunteer Phenomenon never ceases to amaze me. When I need certain work done, someone shows up willing to work with me on it. It's wild, really, and speaks to the power of the project. We're working on something that's cool, important, and has the potential to make positive change happen. I love watching people get excited about the story, and helping them find a place on our team.

We'll be working on the trailer for the next few months, while we finish the film itself. The trailers will then go online so people can get a taste of the full length film. It's interesting to figure out what type of trailer you want for your film. 

This is something I've not spent a great deal of time on previously, since I've been so focused on finishing the film. Dustin's helping me think through what information should be presented and how, as well as the length of time for the trailer. Most of all, I want the trailer to accurately represent the film itself and not mislead anyone. It should also get people interested enough to see the film, obviously.
While I don't like to brag, I have to admit: this project is one of the coolest things I've ever worked on in my life. I am so lucky to be doing this, and absolutely can't wait to do it again. 

The people helping me with Abandoned Allies are so dear to me, and I am looking forward to sharing their work publicly. They have given me so much by volunteering their time, efforts, thoughts, hugs, criticism, and especially encouragement when I am THISCLOSE to having a break down. Much love to the cast, crew, family, and friends for supporting me through such a monumental endeavor. I can't wait to share the results in 2011.

Stay tuned...more to come, my friends.

No comments: