Friday, July 23, 2010

New Developments

This week has been such a great one for Abandoned Allies.  So many of the challenges I was facing have found solutions, thanks to the talented and kind people lending a hand with the film.  We had two private screenings, the first of which was with Surry, Joe and Adam.  The second of which was with Chris, Alena, Kyle and EJ.  Yesterday, two more new developments took shape.

It's too early to talk openly about the developments, but I will tell you this: I am thrilled!  I had a long, fun meeting with a new contact yesterday who watched the film and gave me some great suggestions.  He might be able to help us with a few things that have been giving me trouble, and it seems we have great potential to work on some other projects.  I'm really excited to tell you about these things once they become more formal.  He suggested that I work on the narration for the film immediately, because it would change the shape of the film so drastically.

The narration in the film has been a big challenge for me, simmering on the back burner for a long time.  Talking this week about the narration has helped me figure out a lot of things about it.  What needs to be said?  When does it need to be said?  How is it going to be said?  Who is going to say it?  How are we going to record it?  The questions go on...

I'm going to take the advice I got yesterday and immediately start working on the narration.  I now feel really comfortable with it, which is a change.  For so long I was trying to avoid using too much narration in the film, but our story is a complex one and the narration is key to understanding it.  I feel like I have some new knowledge that will help greatly improve the film, and that's really exciting.  I learned a lot in yesterday's meeting, and will tell you all about it when the time is right.

The same is true for another new development, but it's entirely too early to tell you those details.  I am super excited about the possibilities, though!  When the time is right on this matter, I'll be sure to let you in on the secret.

My friends, the project keeps getting bigger and better with every day that passes.  It feels like it's so much bigger than I ever thought it would be, and that's a really cool feeling.  I believe this is the result of a very powerful story that has been waiting to be shared for a long time, and I am so honored to be a part of that. I hope beyond all hope that this little project might have the power to make positive change happen.  Thanks for all your encouragement, folks!

No comments: