Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lock Down Continues


For quite some time I've been on official self lock down, desperately trying to wrap up Abandoned Allies.  We've been working on it for two years now, and I'm beyond anxious to share it with everyone.

So I've taken the shape of a recluse for a bit, at least until I can make enough progress on the rough cut to pass it along to my talented teammates for editing, music, graphics and polishing.  Being a girl who likes to be around people, it's been really tough to stay home, sitting behind a computer screen, listening to the same clips over and over again.  Editing is such an art, and the people who do it for a living amaze me.  I appreciate knowing how to do it, but truly hope to have a team of editors on my next film!

So today I took a short break to rejoin the world for a few brief hours.  This morning I had coffee with a dear friend from Meredith College.  She's top notch in my book, and it was wonderful to catch up with her.  From there, I went to the set of Bursters to help another friend with his film for a short period.  It was a much-needed relief from my humble home office (which, I should add, smells like my stinky dog who is overdue for a bath because I've been so focused on editing the film).  

What a glorious few hours outside!

My friend (and fellow improviser) Chris Moore has been working hard on his horror film Bursters.  They needed a few extra bodies on set today, which gave me a delightful excuse to be with friends, outside, in the most wonderful spring sunshine, not to mention a chance to be on set watching everyone work in front of and behind the camera.  

It's really fun to watch.  I am totally hooked.  Everyone there was doing such a great job, which I mentioned in my post on Sunday.  I could have stayed all day.  The image shown here includes Alena Koch, the lead actress who is also an improviser.  Both Chris and Alena are helping with Abandoned Allies.  I'm stoked about being able to lend a hand on set, even if it's just taking production still shots.  As a photographer, I find being behind the scenes rather thrilling (even with the down time that happens on occasion).

In the meantime, lock down continues.  I think the triple latte, sunshine, healthy dose of being around people and a bit of learning from watching other filmmakers today really gave me the boost I needed.  I'm back at the computer working all night tonight, and feel completely energized about it.

June release?  Here we come.

No comments: