Thursday, January 21, 2010

Digital Graphics

We've had a surge of new people joining the team lately, and I can't express how excited I am about it. So many great folks are on the team, ready to lend a hand. It's wonderful!

So that we can publicly thank everyone, we'll have a list of the crew on our website when it's up and running. I'll be sure to post a link to it so you can admire and of course provide feedback.

Recently I've been talking with Zach about some digital graphics needed for the film. I know we'll be using the images I've labored over scanning in the past two years, but they need to be more interesting in the final film. We'll break up the talking heads (interview sessions) with these images to keep the audience following along attentively. Zach showed me a 2d to 3d means of altering the images, which I'm ecstatic about.

He put together a quick mock up of some of the things we discussed over beer with another filmmaker, Josh Mills. I'm really excited to start adding those types of graphics to the film. Take a look at the demo he put together, which helps immensely since I'm such a visual person: http://bit.ly/60zvy9.

Now, back to that rough cut of the film...

No comments: