Thursday, October 18, 2012

Future Screenings of Abandoned Allies

Seems like more screenings are shaping up for Abandoned Allies. I've been in touch with a few folks recently who are interested in sharing the film with their audiences, especially if we can organize another panel discussion afterwards.

I'm a big fan of local screening events. It gives me a chance to share the film again, hear responses, and look for opportunities to make a difference in the community. The main goal is raising awareness about this segment of U.S. history, but we're looking for ways to foster social good as well.

There have been a number of exciting conversations. Some people encourage adding this to the NC education system so that students will learn about it. Others say that it'd be great to see a museum exhibition, book, or monument honoring the Montagnards. I agree that all of these opportunities would be great, but I need some help making them happen. So it's slow going right now, but these things are not out of the realm of possibilities.

Until then, I keep looking forward to sharing the film with audiences. If you know of anyone willing to help out, please give me a shout. With the holidays coming up, we may be looking at screenings in 2013. Y'all stay tuned here for more information.

Thanks, always, for the words of encouragement!

No comments: