Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On IndieGoGo: Digitize 100 Miles of the AV Geeks films


While working on Abandoned Allies, one of my biggest challenges was finding archival footage. When we finally did find it, we had no way to digitize it. How in the world was I going to get this footage in the film? It was a stressful, uneasy time with no solution in sight.

Then I met my hero: Skip Elsheimer.

Skip and I met one afternoon at his office. I stopped by with a basket full of moldy 8mm film. He looked through it, and said he thought he could help. Then he walked me around, showing me countless shelves stocked to the ceiling with old films. It was absolutely fascinating!

He's working on a new project now, digitizing some of those films so others can enjoy them. These efforts are incredibly important. He is preserving our past and making it accessible to people who want it and need it. People like me, who had no other way of getting the footage when it was needed.


If you want more info about this, Skip has an IndieGoGo page: http://www.indiegogo.com/avgeeks100milesDonate if you wish. Share with others who may be interested. 


Skip's a great guy, who's working on a really cool project. He's done a lot to help me make Abandoned Allies, and I'll be forever grateful. Show him some support, won't you? 

No comments: