Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Troubles with Compressor

By some miracle my new iMac is running FCP again. I unplugged it, let it rest for a minute, then plugged it back in--based on what the guys in the Crabtree Apple store recommended. Well, it worked! I've run FCP on my iMac for a few days and it's worked beautifully.

The render time in FCP on this new iMac is sick. I mean sick. It's so fast it blows my mind. I love it! Working on the film these past few days has been exciting. The huge screen, better mouse, faster rendering ... it's delightful.

Yet, there's more bad news. I finally made all of the most recent changes and now I can't export from FCP using Compressor. It says I need to restart each time I try to run the program.

So frustrating. Back to square one again.

In the meantime, a friend has graciously offered to help with the DVD so I can send the film to a few key folks. I'm very excited about that. Now I have to get the iMac fixed again, and/or find another way to get this film on DVD from this computer.

More to come. Here's hoping future posts are full of better news, eh?

No comments: