Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Beast

Last week I finally bought a new external hard drive. I labeled it The Beast because it's 2TB, the most external storage I've purchased while working on the film. The name makes me giggle when I see it while managing so many files. The Beast is a much better, more encouraging name than the factory setting, you know?

It's been a while since I started shopping for an external drive. I need a means to save Abandoned Allies off-site, should anything go wrong: natural disaster, theft, accident, etc. The thought of losing all of that work really makes it tough to breathe.

This past weekend I set up the new drive and started copying files. It took about nine hours for all of the Abandoned Allies files to save to the new drive, but at least it is done now. There are a few other things I need to organize, and then I'll finally be able to take an external drive (with the film saved on it) to another to-be-determined site.

Storing the film off-site as a back up will give me a little peace of mind. In the meantime, there's much more work to do. At least, finally, I get to check this off my list! Win!

No comments: