Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Milestones

In life, we have milestones in our lives like birthday parties, newborn announcements and weddings. There's a hooplah around some of our most memorable, life-changing events. We come together to celebrate as a tribe, surrounded by those whom we love and love us in return. It is delightful because it is shared.

So, it is my opinion that we must celebrate milestones on this project as well! We are approaching our one-year anniversary of starting the project. And, as I look back on the past year, I realize how much I have learned and how many wonderful people I have had the honor to meet--it has been an extraordinary adventure!

We have completed production, moved into post-production, and are quickly approaching some new milestones. Each of the tapes has been digitized and transcription of the interviews will soon begin. This, I feel, is to be celebrated! It has been a long journey, and a milestone like this one feels incredibly significant.

We continue to work hard to collect archival images and audio, dive into the 30+ hours of footage, and craft our story. We certainly have our work cut out for us, but the team that has gathered together--a team of talented, enthusiastic, and genuine people--will keep this project soaring.

There is much work to be completed, and it shall be done!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Congrats!

Siegfried said...

Let me know when you would like me to come by and edit the film!

(This is Matt Gronke, by the way)