Monday, September 29, 2008

Plumbing and Pizza

Whew, what a day! The faucet in my house is leaking so I've been trying for months to prioritize that project (one among hundreds). The squeaky wheel gets the grease, though, no? This past week it couldn't get it to stop running blazing hot water, which I'm sure was costing me an arm and a leg. So I finally called the plumber to come out, and he gave me a hard time about using the pliers to turn off the water, which stripped the threads on the little thingy that is key to making it stop leaking.

So today I went to this little place off of Capital Blvd to get new thingies to fix the leaking faucet. Came home with my meter key to turn the water to the house back on, and after all is said and done the thing continues to leak! This is more than $100 later and the thing is still leaking hot water. Meanwhile I have been showering at my sister and brother-in-law's house while the water was off all weekend. At least I've gotten to see them more often!

So how does any of this relate to the film? Because this is the minutia that gets in the way of completing things that are of importance. This is the madness that slows down production, and it's the thing that you don't plan for when you're starting a project. I call it madness because I'm at the end of my rope with this silly faucet. Specifically how it's wasted so much of my time already, time that I want to spend on something else.

Grrrrrr. So, I turned the water to the house off again. Ordered a pizza. And started working again, at least until I can call the plumber again tomorrow.

One. small. step. at. a. time.

No comments: