Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Arts are Alive in Raleigh

Wow, so quickly each week passes! How is it already Sunday?

This week has been a great one, in that I have been focused on staying balanced. When I got the ticket for my tags being out I realized that I had been neglecting things in my personal life (which is pretty easy to do when the work you're doing doesn't feel like work at all). So, this week I did things that I haven't done in a while. Things that are seemingly unimportant, but are oh-so important to keeping balanced (working out, doing dishes, buying groceries, paying bills and such).

On Tuesday I went to the Sara Bareilles, Counting Crows, and Maroon 5 concert. It was an incredible night, and a much needed evening of fun. We got into the VIP tent to hear the Brooks Wood Band, a local group my friend knows. I bought their $5 CD and have been enjoying it since. They are a great local band, and the more I learn about the artists in North Carolina, the more excited I get at the thought of collaborating with them. The collaboration is really what draws me to the art of filmmaking.

And it feels like the arts are alive in Raleigh, which is a great! I went downtown today to put up fliers for my improv group and everyone was very supportive. With First Friday and so many art galleries and cool hangouts sprouting up, the outlook is truly positive for showing an indie film and that is really cool (for lack of a better term).

More to come later!

No comments: