Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Memorials and Mourning

My grandmother and grandfather
on their wedding day in 1942.
This weekend my family will gather for a memorial service honoring my grandparents. There have been many conversations and preparations leading up to this weekend, and it's finally here.

You may recall that my grandmother passed away on December 7, 2011. It's been a really tough couple of months following her death--as anyone who's lost a loved one could imagine. It's been a struggle to stay focused on the film; mourning has taken such a prominent role in my life and we've been busy handling her affairs, with my father leading the charge. I had no idea that it cost so much money and required so much energy just to settle the estate of a loved one. It's exhausting.

This weekend will be bittersweet, but it'll be nice to be with loved ones to honor two people who were such a big part of my life.

Some of you have been wondering why I haven't been as social lately. It's because I've been busy spending time with family and trying to handle things as best I can.

I'll return soon. I promise.

Related Blog Posts:
Mourning
Lessons from my grandmother
The man who owns much
Getting back to work

No comments: